Class of the Year - 2017
For the eighth time – more than any other class - The Participatory Class™ of 1979 has won the award for Class of the Year.
Front row, L-to-R: Joy Wasz, Lois Winkler, Mark Winkler, Nancy Schwartzman Malmquist, Walter Malmquist.
Second row, L-to-R: Jim Wasz, Bill Mitchell, John Currier, Barb Courier, Stanley Weil.
Not, one, but TWO new newsletters!
May 2017 Newsletter Features:
1. D79 60th Birthday Celebration Homecoming Weekend (Oct 5-8) including detail on events and Group Hotel Reservations.
2. A few good 79 Updates from Classmates.
3. "Save the Dates" for Class events through 2020 (including Dartmouth Football plays Yankee Stadium on 11/9/2019).
4. QR codes for easy mobile access to key class websites.
June 2017 Newsletter Features:
1. Make your gift today for Dartmouth College Fund.
2. Help Wanted for Editorial Support of your class newsletter.
3. A few good updates from Classmates.
4. "The History of our Class in 79 Objects" Project.
5. A few historic artifacts from our undergraduate years.
6. QR codes for easy mobile access to key class websites.
Classmate in the DAM
July/August DAM features Dave Jeffrey's Focused on Bordeaux varietals with what he describes as
“good natural acidity” and “moderate alcohol levels,” Jeffrey
turned to winemaking after a career with Seagram's in New
York City. “My Dartmouth friends tend to think I have retired
out here, but I actually work harder than ever,” he says.
Many people don’t realize how “very competitive” the wine
industry can be, he adds, but the stresses of raising capital
and running a business is offset by “working outdoors and
being involved in every process, from planting our own
vineyard to making our wine.”
2017 Mini and Micro Reunions slideshow
A memory from freshman fall....
Photo of the Class of ’79 record-breaking 100-tier bonfire, taken by Charlie Rowe in November 1975 from the front overhang of the Hanover Inn.
Updated 35th Reunion Photos!